- Concept: Yazan Setabouha
- Producer:: Studio 8, Yazan Setabouha C
- Choreography: Anas Abunahleh
- Performance: Yazan Setabouha, Hasan Alresheq
- Videography: Amr Abu Eitah
- Sound design: 1800s Internet
- Costume design: Yazan Setabouh, Sarah Suad, Samia Younan
- Production adviser: Xiaoman Ren, Abd Al Hadi Abunahleh
- Photography: Xiaoman Ren, Arthur Tainturier, Reema Shatat
Dance and Photography
For dance artists, it’s not easy to find a photographer who “can capture the instant of a dance and transform it into a timeless gesture.
There might be a question that photographers wrestle with when working with dance artists:
how do you convey the feeling, emotion and spirit of dance in a fixed image?
For this project, six visual artists were involved, using a variety of techniques to capture the ephemeral quality of dance. It was great lesson. The visual artists and dance artists all agreed that the photography of dance is a unique art form, one in which a split second gesture endures forever.
Project “Fog” has been realized as part of “Choreography Creation Camp” (CCC) organized by Studio 8, with the support of Drosos Foundation, EUNIC Jordan and European Union in Jordan.
What is CCC?
CCC is a pilot version of a talent incubation program that supports emerging local young choreographers, dance makers, performance directors to sustain their individual or collaborative creativity, and, in the process, finding new ways to be connected with their audiences.
To know more about CCC program, click on the big C button below. Get digital access to the teaching manual of CCC program, click on the on the big M button below.