Teaching Manual - 2020
- Abd Al Hadi Abunahleh – Choreographer, Dance artist
- Anas Abunahleh – Choreographer, Multi-disciplinary performer Xiaoman
- Xiaoman Ren – Visual artist
- Angela Rabaglio – Choreographer, Freelance Dancer and Teacher
- Micaël Florent – Choreographer, Musician, Dancer
- Simea Cavelti – Freelance Choreographer, Dancer and Teacher
- Enrico Paglialunga – Choreographer, Freelance Dancer and Teacher
- Bella Stenvall – Freelance Dancer
- Stephanie Müller – Visual artist, Sociological researcher, Sound artist
- Klaus Erika Dietl -Visual artist, Sound installation artist, Video and film artist
- Zafeiria Tsirakaki – Dancer, Choreographer, Contemporary and ballet teacher
- Husam Abed – Theatre director, Puppeteer and Musician
- Ryuji Yamaguchi – Dancer, Choreographer, Teacher
Teaching Manual - 2020
From August 2020 – February 2021, Studio 8 launched a pilot version of a talent incubation program titled “Choreography Creation Camp” (CCC), with the support of the Drosos Foundation, EUNIC Jordan and European Union in Jordan.
This program supports emerging local young choreographers, dance makers, performance directors to sustain their individual or collaborative creativity, and, in the process, finding new ways to be connected with their audiences.
The creation camp is structured in two parts.
Part 1 takes place both on-line and in physical space of small groups in the dance lab of Studio 8, focusing on providing training in the art of choreography with skills development in directing, researching, presentation, leadership, and production. Emerging local young choreographers, dance makers, performance directors who take this training are encouraged to think critically about performance from the point of view of makers, performers, audiences, and society.
Part 1 includes 17 lectures, discussions, case studies, physical workshops (in total 1620 minutes).
A selection of 6 lectures, case studies are included in this manual.
Part 2 takes place in the form of hands-on experience of production & mentoring.
At the end of the program, 9 new performances, or in-progress-performances were produced. A virtual premiere was held at the end of December, 2020 through online platforms.
All 9 productions could be watched virtually, free of charge.